< Back To About
The New York Studio School seeks a part-time weekend Assistant Custodian. This position is responsible for the routine cleaning of the building. The Assistant Custodian will coordinate with the Custodian, and report to the Facilities Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning of the entrance, offices, hallways, sidewalks, and other areas as needed
- Daily detailed cleaning and restocking of bathrooms
- Sanitizing touch surfaces
- Trash removal
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Snow shoveling and salt spreading
- Inspection of building and reporting of necessary maintenance along with safety, sanitary or fire hazards
- Move or rearrange chairs, tables, desks, furniture, and other equipment as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Starting pay: $16.00/hr
Hours: Saturday and Sunday: 8am – 4pm
Flexibility of schedule and availability to work additional hours when needed is a plus.
- Able to speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Able to interpret and follow labeled uses of cleaning products
- Able to take direction and work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Able to perform frequent bending, lifting and walking, including climbing and descending stairs frequently
- Able to use ladders safely
- Able to clear a background checkAble to work legally in the United States
- Able to prioritize and complete work in a timely fashion
- Able to work professionally and courteously
Must have a minimum 2 years custodial experience.
Experience in a historic building and/or working around art is preferred.
Interested candidates may apply here.