< Back To About
New York Studio School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, family or marital status, or sexual orientation. The School is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment.
New York Studio School seeks a highly motivated, dedicated Admissions Officer to join its core staff
at an exciting time of growth.
The Admissions Officer is a full-time, externally facing position that plays a critical role within the
School, welcoming and recruiting new students and supporting the office of Student Services in the
admissions process. Reporting directly to the Director of Admissions & Student Services and
indirectly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Admissions Officer will collaborate closely
with the Marketing and Outreach Manager and be a strong presence on-site at the School. The
Admissions Officer will build upon existing practices to expand and implement a comprehensive
recruitment strategy that identifies, attracts, admits, and enrolls a highly qualified, diverse student
population. Acting as an ambassador for the School to build enrollment across all academic
programs of the School, this is a full-time, in-person position.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guiding prospective students through the admissions process, from initial inquiries through
- Leading tours and conducting info sessions for prospective students, in-person and virtually
- Explaining all academic programs and answering any questions about them with thorough
knowledge and enthusiasm
- Building upon existing practices to deepen and implement a comprehensive recruitment
strategy that identifies, attracts, admits and enrolls a highly qualified, diverse student
population at NYSS (across in-person and virtual academic offerings)
- Contributing to the careful maintenance of student records and accurate digital tracking of
recruitment-related contacts and communications
- Assistance with Commencement, Orientations, Open Houses and other student-related
- Scheduling and coordinating Admissions Interviews for full-time programs
- Fostering and maintaining relations with cultural and academic institutions
- Conducting phone interviews for the School’s Marathon programs
- Managing and growing a network of recruitment and outreach contacts
- Potentially traveling to conduct info sessions nationally and internationally to promote the
School and recruit applicants who would thrive at NYSS.
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – INDIVIDUAL GIVING & ALUMNI RELATIONS
New York Studio School seeks a highly motivated Development Officer for Individual Giving and Alumni Relations to join its core staff during an exciting time of growth. The position is an integral part of a small, highly effective fundraising team and will be responsible for furthering the School’s engagement with its individual donors and alumni.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Officer is a full-time, externally facing position that will collaborate closely with colleagues throughout the School to develop and oversee the strategy and implementation of a campaign to build relationships across the NYSS community in support of the School’s mission as it continues to grow.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating and stewarding individual and alumni donors
- Overseeing giving circle for NYSS Gallery and Evening Lecture Series programming
- Working closely with Development Associate on prospect research for high-net-worth
- Working closely with Exhibitions & Public Programs Officer on annual alumni exhibition
- Working closely with Development Associate on drafting grant proposals and other
- Assisting Director of Development and Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs on planning
and budgeting for the year
- Creating national and international Alumni networks and programming, in collaboration with
the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Maintaining robust and current records of Alumni news, achievements, and career metrics
for the School’s website, newsletters, and accreditation reporting
- Overseeing Alumni surveys
- Overseeing and implementing cultivation events for alumni
- Supporting the development team logistically for Annual Benefit, Spring Event, and other
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
The New York Studio School seeks a part-time weekend Assistant Custodian. This position is responsible for the routine cleaning of the building. The Assistant Custodian will coordinate with the Custodian, and report to the Facilities Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning of the entrance, offices, hallways, sidewalks, and other areas as needed
- Daily detailed cleaning and restocking of bathrooms
- Sanitizing touch surfaces
- Trash removal
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Snow shoveling and salt spreading
- Inspection of building and reporting of necessary maintenance along with safety, sanitary or fire hazards
- Move or rearrange chairs, tables, desks, furniture, and other equipment as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Starting pay: $16.00/hr
Hours: Saturday and Sunday: 8am – 4pm
Flexibility of schedule and availability to work additional hours when needed is a plus.
- Able to speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Able to interpret and follow labeled uses of cleaning products
- Able to take direction and work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Able to perform frequent bending, lifting and walking, including climbing and descending stairs frequently
- Able to use ladders safely
- Able to clear a background checkAble to work legally in the United States
- Able to prioritize and complete work in a timely fashion
- Able to work professionally and courteously
Must have a minimum 2 years custodial experience.
Experience in a historic building and/or working around art is preferred.
Interested candidates may apply here.